Monday, February 9, 2009

Organic frozen babyfood from Happy Baby.


Its pretty obvious what stage of motherhood I'm with the items & topics that I chat about on here - and this one is no different. What you may not know, is that I'm a bit of a babyfood snob. I use organic fruits & veggies, steam 'em, puree 'em & viola babyfood. This past year a girlfriend in Chicago introduced me to Happy Baby food...its just like the little frozen cubes of pureed goodness I make myself...but in cute little square cubes!! And I happened to stumble upon them at Hiller's Market (on their website they're also listed as carrying them at Whole Foods). Besides the basic Yes Peas & Thank You Carrots...which are super smooth I might add...they also carry "sorta chunky" meals like Baby Dahl which is
organic red lentils, potatoes & carrots with cinnamon and coriander. Or Mama Grain with organic bananas, quinoa & black beans (both with added DHA algal oil) - which I can't wait to try! I will still continue to whip up most of my food myself, but there is a box of Happy Baby frozen cubes in our freezer right now (although 3/4 gone!) and probably always will be.

Oh! almost forgot to mention...I saw on their website that they have organic baby cereals too...so excited to try them out!!

No comments: