Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Mom-olutions.

Welcome 2009! Its crazy to look back at everything that happened this past year & image what more could possibly happen in '09!?! I'm not usually a big resolution person...I know I won't keep them anyway so what's the point. But this year is different. Not only do I need to have my resolutions as a business women for the store, but as a mom I need to have mom-olutions...and stick to them...for no other reason but to keep my sanity!! To keep true to myself and to add a little peer pressure. I'm once again putting my mom-olutions out there!
1. declutter. to make room for new clutter. on my to-do list is auctions on ebay, postings on craigslist & saturdays at mom2mom sales
2. finish projects. yes, that includes all you little sewing projects sitting in my closet & those "that would be cute/easy to do" craft projects too
3. organize the memories. I don't want to use the word "scrapbook". I've always wanted to start digital scrapbooking...to make little "diaries" of the girls' lives...like all their "first" moments, so that I will always remember where & when.
4. exercise & eat healthier. blah blah blah. I know, boring. BUT this year I have baby weight on top of baby weight, so I'm buying a new swim suit now from (love their suits!) with a goal to wear it with pride on opening day of the pool.

And like we all need more on our plate. Here are a few mom-olutions from Cookie Magazine. (If they weren't such darn good ones, I wouldn't add them!)
1. hug your husband once a day for no reason.
2. once a month, eat a pint of your favorite ice cream guilt free.
3. push your boundaries. go up to a mom you don't know & start a conversation, try a new recipe even if you know your kids won't like it, or take a class just for fun like pottery, photography or dance.

1 comment:

kelli said...

I'm resolving to watch less TV! It's going to be hard but I'm really going to try!